Thank you for using engage-cpa.com. The engage app is an automated engagement letter and online payment processing systems for tax preparers (the “Service”). Engage and engage-cpa.com (the "Website" or “App”) are owned by Pine Street Software LLC, a Delaware limited liability company.
By subscribing to engage and using the website, you are agreeing to the Terms. Please read this document carefully. This is a legal agreement.
This Website is offered and available to users who are 18 years of age or older who reside in the United States. By using this Website, you are confirming that you are of legal age to form a contract with the Company and that you reside in the United States. If you don’t meet these requirements, you must not access or use the Website.
Only Authorized Users can use the website. An Authorized User is the person who registers as a new user and who enters complete and accurate account information. By creating an account for a business, you represent and warrant that you are authorized to accept these Terms on behalf of the business.
Duration of Subscription
The subscription to use the website begins when you create an account and continues until the account is closed. You or the Company may terminate this Agreement and close the account at any time by giving Notice to the other party. However, the Company may suspend Service to you at any time, with or without cause, and the Company will immediately suspend Service if any transaction charged to you is declined for any reason.
Subscription Charges and Fees
Use of the website is by subscription (the “Subscription Fee”). The Subscription Fee is due on the same day of the month that you created the account and made the first monthly payment. Monthly payments pay for Service in one month increments only.
You are required to provide valid credit card information and authorize us to charge the monthly Subscription Fee against that card when the fee is due. You may need to update this information from time to time for valid expiration dates or other reasons. By providing credit card information to us, you warrant that you are authorized to use that credit card and affirm that any charges to the credit card account are valid.
Refund of Charges and Fees
We will refund your payment if we stop providing Services to you for reasons other than those described in these Terms. This includes any extraordinary events, acts or occurrences beyond our control that prevent us from providing Service. You are not entitled to a refund for any other reason.
Accessing the Website and Account Security
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend this Website, and any service or material we provide on the Website, in our sole discretion and without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some or all parts of the Website.
You are responsible for:
- Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website.
Your user name and password are confidential, and you must not disclose these to anyone. Your account is personal to you and you agree not to let anyone else access the Website with your user name, password or other security information. You must notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your security credentials or any other breach of security. You must exit your account at the end of each session. You should be extra careful when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to see your password or other personal information.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Website and its entire contents, features and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof), are owned by the Company, its licensors or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes.
- If we provide desktop, mobile or other applications for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by our end user license agreement for such applications.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials from the Website.
- Use any document separate from its integration in the Website.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this site.
The Company name, the terms Engage, engage-cpa.com, and get-engage-cpa.com as used to identify the Website and any related service through the Website, the Company logo and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans are trademarks of the Company or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of the Company. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on this Website are the trademarks of their respective owners.
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any "junk mail", "chain letter" or "spam" or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Company, a Company employee, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone's use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm the Company or users of the Website or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party's use of the Website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Website.
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Website or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Website.
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Website.
- Attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
Reliance on Information Posted
The information on the Website is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of this information. You rely on this information strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance on these materials by you or any other visitor to the Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
Disclaimer of Legal Advice
Pine Street Software LLC and the Engage application are not law firms. Nothing herein, including but not limited to the content, processes and systems, shall be construed as legal advice or legal representation. By using the application, you expressly acknowledge the absence of an attorney-client relationship both in fact and appearance. Engage is not a substitute for legal advice. You must consult a lawyer for legal advice pertaining to your circumstances.
Changes to the Website
We may update the content on this Website from time to time. We will make every effort to maintain currency, but the content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Anything on the Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
Information About You and Your Visits to the Website
Linking to the Website and Social Media Features
You may link to our homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part without our express written consent.
This Website may provide certain social media features that enable you to:
- Link from your own other third-party websites to certain content on this Website.
- Send e-mails or other communications with content, or links to content, on this Website.
- Cause parts of this Website to be displayed or appear to be displayed on your own or certain third-party websites.
You may use these features only as they are provided by us and solely in accordance with any additional terms and conditions we provide with respect to such features. Subject to the foregoing, you must not:
- Establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
- Cause the Website or portions of it to be displayed, or appear to be displayed by, for example, framing, deep linking or in-line linking, on any other site.
- Link to any part of the Website other than the homepage.
You agree to cooperate with us to immediately end any unauthorized framing or linking. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
We may disable all or any social media features and any links at any time without notice in our discretion.
Links from the Website
If the Website contains links to other sites and third-party resources, these links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, banner advertisements and sponsored links. We have no control over the these sites or resources, and We accept no responsibility for the content or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access a third-party website linked to this Website, you do so at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for the third-party website.
The owner of the Website is based in the state of California in the United States. We provide this Website for use only in the United States. We make no claims that the Website or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Website may not be legal by some people or in certain countries. If you access the Website from outside the united States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the Website will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient anti-virus protection procedures and for ensuring the accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
THE COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Notices and Electronic Signature Consent
By registering as a user, you agree that such registration is your electronic signature, and you consent to getting all disclosures and notices from the Company electronically, including those required by Law. You also agree that your electronic consent will have the same legal effect as a physical signature.
Notices may be provided to You through our website or by sending Notices to the contact information in your account. Notices include information about your account, the Services, or other information we are required to provide to you. You also agree that electronic delivery of a Notice has the same legal effect as if we provided you with a physical copy. We will consider a Notice to have been received by you within 24 hours of the time a Notice is either posted to our website or emailed to you.
Limitation of Time to File Claims
Waiver and Severability
Your Comments and Concerns
This website is operated by Pine Street Software LLC P.O. Box 235, San Francisco, CA 94104.
All notices of copyright infringement claims should be sent to:
Haverstock & Owens LLP 162 North Wolfe Road Sunnyvale, CA 94086
All other feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the Website should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.